Level 1 Pickleball Coaching Course
Course duration Time: 6 hours
Level 1 Pickleball coaching course introducing tactics, technical elements and rules of Pickleball as well as all aspects of positive sport coaching, warm up, sessions planning, cool downs and talent development . The course explains various developed fun formats of Pickleball and teaches the sport’s fundamentals of movement.
Participants also receive guidance on different competition formats both singles and doubles and learn a range of challenges and activities to develop people’s paddle skills.
Coaching designed by coaches to help create positive experiences, make sport participation enjoyable and engaging, and enhance the health and well-being of people coming to the sessions.
Pickleball Coaches will gain an understanding of encouraging lifelong participation to enable the growth of Pickleball to all age ranges to sustain the sport and develop growth and sustainability nationwide.
By the end of the 6 hour sessions participants should be able to:
- Understand the history of the Pickleball
- Understand court dimensions, safety and court areas such as the No Volley Zone.
- Understand the range of shots and strokes used in Pickleball and effectively demonstrate them to beginners.
- Have an understanding of the rules of the game.
- Demonstrate Court positioning for doubles play.
- Have a clear understanding of the scoring.
- Understand and demonstrate how to communicate effectively to various audience and age ranges.
- Understand the importance of child Safe Guarding.
- Effective marketing both online and offline and Introduction to club sustainability and funding.
All coaches will be provided with a comprehensive coaching pack covering governance, compliance and marketing.
There are no compulsory prerequisites for this course. It offers the chance to build on skills previously gained through Pickleball play or courses such as the Sports Leaders UK Level 1, 2 and 3 awards; national governing bodies of sports awards and community qualifications.
A basic understanding of Pickleball will be required
All Equipment provided, including nets, balls and paddles. Sportwear is required to be worn and suitable sports footwear. All lesson assessments will be indoors.
None affiliated £160.00 TO BOOK ONLINE CLICK HERE
GB Pickleball affiliated member £140.00 TO BOOK ONLINE CLICK HERE
The Level 1 coaching course includes completion of an enhanced DBS check